Professional Affiliate Membership
What is a Professional Affiliate?
Professional Affiliates are individuals who have an interest in architecture, urban design, development, historic preservation and built environment in general. Members include interested citizens, developers, public officials, interior designers, building materials manufacturers and distributors, and vendors of products and services related to architecture.
AIA SANTA CLARA VALLEY CHAPTER BYLAWS
2.4.5 Professional Affiliates: Qualifications: Professional Affiliates are non-architects, registered to practice their professions where such requirements exist, with established professional reputations. Professional Affiliates may include contractors, engineers, planners, landscape architects, interior designers, sculptors, muralists and other artists; professionals in government, education, industry, research and journalism, and other professionals whose work is related to the practice of architecture.
2.4.6 Professional Affiliates: Rights and Privileges: Professional Affiliates in good standing:
1. May serve as a member of any committee of this Chapter that does not perform any duty of the Board of Directors.
2. May attend and speak, but may not make motions nor vote at any meeting of this Chapter except on dues and assessments for Professional Affiliates.
3. Shall not be eligible to serve as an officer or director of this Chapter.
4. May not use the initials “AIA” or the phrase “The American Institute of Architects” alone or otherwise, nor the seal, symbol or insignia of this Chapter or the Institute.
Why Should You Become a Professional Affiliate?
Membership with AIASCV is a great networking opportunity to meet local architects and become involved in issues relating to the field of architecture.
- Monthly Meetings - Meetings provide a great way to meet with local architects and other professionals, to exchange ideas and information. As a PAL, you will receive discounted rates to all AIASCV programs.
- Member Directory - All AIASCV members are included in our online membership directory.
- Job Referral Service - The Chapter office acts as a clearinghouse for architecturally related employment referral at no charge to members – connecting employers and employees and clients with architects, consultants and contractors.
- TRACINGS Newsletter - Every member of the AIASCV receives an electronic copy of the newsletter TRACINGS. This newsletter is a source of information on opportunities for architects, and Professional Affiliates, upcoming events of interest, updates on changes in codes and standards, news of emerging issues and proposed legislation as well as other articles of interest. PALs are also offered the opportunity to place advertising in the newsletter at discounted rates.
- AIA Contract Documents - AIASCV stocks over 125 AIA contracts, documents and publications that are available to Professional Affiliates at discount prices.
What Does a PAL Membership Cost?
Yearly dues for an AIASCV Professional Affiliate is $400. Dues are prorated by quarter, see chart below for cost of membership throughout the year.
|1st Quarter (10/2011 - 3/2012)
|2nd Quarter (4/2012 - 6/2012)
|3rd Quarter (7/2012 - 9/2012)
|4th Quarter (10/2012 - 12/2012, this will cover 15th months membership - 4th quarter + following year)
How Do I Become a Professional Affiliate?
Download a Professional Affiliate application, here.
Send the completed application to AIA Santa Clara Valley:
Fax: (408) 298-0619
Mail Address: 325 South First St., Suite 100
San Jose, CA 95113
Once application has been submitted and the Board of Directors approves membership, member will receive official word from the Chapter office.
If there are any questions regarding membership or anything else, please contact AIASCV by phone (408) 298-0611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.